Strange New World

We are in Philadelphia. It's a different setting than we are used to for hospital stays. It's odd to not to know where things are and to feel at home with everything. We are strangers here. We see all these other families here in the hospital and we don't know them. We don't know their stories. I think I miss that feeling of being connected quite a bit. I miss having our nurses that know when Elijah is really hurting and what is normal for him. I am not saying the nurses here are bad. They have actually been wonderful! Everyone has. I mean, we are in a world class facility that is constantly voted the #1 pediatric hospital in the country.. It's amazing. It's just unfamiliar and not home. I am so thankful that Britt and I researched and found out about this treatment. I really have a good feeling about it and I think it's going to work for Elijah. I just know it is. Elijah is miserable right now. He can't move too much - the catheter is really bothering him. He is asking for pain meds all the time because it's bothering him so much. He doesn't normally do that unless he really needs it. I hope they understand that. They don't know him. They don't know us. Part of me wishes that they did, but then the other part is thankful that we haven't had to be up here too much and prays that we won't be up here enough that they will know us well.

1 comments:

Susan October 14, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

I am surprised that Elijah hasn't already been voted mayor of his floor!

I can't wait to see you.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.