Almost Home..

We are in Nashville tonight in a lovely hotel room. Our friends, the Richardsons, wanted to put us up in a hotel tonight - and they made us a reservation in a lovely hotel.. so once again - I feel like I am in the lap of luxury. It makes me really hope that my house is still clean when I get home tomorrow! I wish I had brand new sheets on my bed! ha ha.
So yesterday when we left Philadelphia, we decided to drive through Hershey!!! Britt LOVES chocolate so we thought this would be like a pilgrimage for him. It was really a great trip! The drive was so beautiful. Lots of farmland - we even saw some Amish folk driving their buggy down the road. It made me think.. so many people go to Lancaster just to gawk at the Amish. I wonder if it bothers them to be such a tourist attraction. The country was lovely though. The trees are all turning up there. Now that we are in Tennessee - we can tell that the trees here aren't turning as much as they were up there.
Hershey was great! We went through a little tour that shows how the chocolate is made and we saw a 3D film that Elijah really loved. He got to package his own kisses, and we picked up a couple of things. It was a nice short stop on our long trip.
We drove from there to Lexington Virginia. I know I sound like a broken record - but Virginia is so lovely! Now.. we had a little adventure on the way. We used a google map to get directions to the hotel we were staying in last night. They were SO WRONG! We drove down this road that looked like it was going nowhere. The next instruction was to turn down "Poor House" road... We followed the directions perfectly until we went through a tunnel - and ended up on a dirt road in the middle of nothing!! No houses, no nothing!!! We quickly turned around and headed back to the highway. I called the hotel and got directions from them instead - and we made it to the hotel just fine. Apparantly we weren't the only ones who went down the road less traveled to middle of NOTHING!!! It was worth a good laugh.. :)
Today we got up and began our journey on to Nashville. Once we got here and checked in to our hotel, we went over to the outlet mall that took the place of Opryland.. (I think it's sad that I didn't even know that Opryland was no longer in existence!) They have an Aquarium Restaurant there and Elijah was in heaven!!! They had several sharks, stingrays, eels and other fish in the HUGE tank.. He loved it!!
We are ready to be at home tomorrow..

2 comments:

Susan October 21, 2008 at 5:42 AM  

I'm so glad you got to go to Hershey. It IS a pilgrimage!!!

I am glad you're almost home. There isno place like home! And I am so thankful that Elijah is doing so well.

HerstoryGirl October 22, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

What???!!!

Opryland is GONE????

I didn't know either. I'm so sad!
One of my strongest memories of my grandparents was a trip we made there when I was in Jr. High...

So glad y'all are home again!
Sending you lots of love. =)

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.