Can you at least say "Trick or Treat"????

Okay.. Last night was Halloween. We stayed home for a few minutes to pass out candy before we took Elijah out. Now.. We have been very consistent with teaching our kids trick or treating etiquette. #1. Wear a costume. #2. Say Trick or Treat. #3. Say THANK YOU. Our neighborhood was invaded last night by children who were not taught any of the above. Their parents drove in to our neighborhood and let their costumeless children run wild up and down our streets and through our lawns! It was terrible! They just come up to the door and hold their bags out. If it weren't for fear of retaliation, I would have said something. A few times I just said "Trick or Treat" to the kids to see if they would at least say it back. Britt won't even answer the door now, it angers him so. A few kids nearly knocked Elijah down trying to get in front of him at the door. I think I liked our Halloween party last year better than the whole trick or treating experience of this year.
Election day is coming up. Most of my friends have already voted. I guess I will wait in line on Tuesday and cancel out my sisters vote. ha ha.

1 comments:

Susan November 2, 2008 at 4:14 AM  

The kids that I targeted as being not from our neighborhood were that way -- showing up in school clothes with Wal-Mart bags. Although, surprisingly, they mostly did say "trick or treat" and "thank you." But we had a few rude ones!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.