A time for Change...

It appears we have elected our new President. I have to say that I voted for Mr. Obama. I think it was the right thing to do, even though I had my doubts. The reason I had my doubts was because of race - but not in the way most would think. The headlines today were huge.. "First Black President".. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't he just as much white as he is black? His mother was a white woman. He is half white. It angers me that there were people who voted for him simply because of the color of his skin. To me... that's just as racist as those who did not vote for him just because of the color of his skin. Some of those who voted for him have no concept of the issues or what is at stake in a presidential election. I refuse to believe that "gangster lite" that was on the elevator with me today, sportin his black and silver large as life OBAMA face t-shirt hanging down to his knees took the time to read up on the issues. I am happy that he has someone he thinks he can better identify with - but President Obama does not wear his hat to the side, he pulls his pants up, and he doesn't say "shee-it"

3 comments:

HerstoryGirl November 5, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

Great post!

Michelle November 5, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

Amen!

Susan November 6, 2008 at 5:19 AM  

Well said. I have thought of the "half white" thing many times as I hear the black comments. HELLO!!!!!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.