Prayer

I have been spending a lot of time praying lately. Some friends of ours have a "prayer corner".. just a little nook in their house with some candles and a few things to remind them of why they pray, a small table to put a bible or reading material on, and a couple of cushions on the floor to sit comfortably on. I would like to have that someplace in this house. I really don't have any open corners though! I guess I could create just a prayer spot next to my bed. I have books and magazines there anyway.
Some things I have been praying about: Elijah's healing, my health, mine and britt's stress levels, financial issues, my eating habits, and getting my house in order.
The prayer is working. My house is coming together nicely. I am gaining better control of my eating habits - and making a few better choices here and there. I wish I could give up the diet coke. I could. I know I could. I need to start drinking more water instead. I started liking a bit of club soda with lime in it. I wonder if that's any better for me than DC. I doubt it.
Prayers for today: Elijah's healing, continued motivation, diet coke to taste nasty to me.

2 comments:

Susan November 19, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

You inspire me to be a better person.

HerstoryGirl November 19, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

Dawn, Love this post.

Personally, I don't have any candles or anything set up (not that there's anything wrong with that); I just tell Nadia to watch the two younger kids, and I lock my bathroom door and go into my closet. Literally, my prayer closet (aka: Master bedroom closet).

I think that too many people think that praying has to be this long, drawn-out, ornate & complicated thing (I'm not saying you do). But I think God cares more about the condition of our hearts when we pray than how long or ornate our prayers are.
Some days I pray for 10 minutes; other days, I pray for 60 seconds.
But I try to keep an open rapport with Him all day long.

Just get alone with Him & cast all your cares upon Him. He will respond and you will come away refreshed.
LOVE YOU!
And I am praying with you!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.