What I did Today


Today, I cleaned my room. To some that may not seem like much. If you had ever been in my room, sadly, you would realize it was quite the task. I took several stacks of magazines, books, Elijah's artwork, notebooks, etc out of my room. I had Elijah help me since a good deal of what was in there belonged to him anyway. He made several trips to his bedroom hauling toys back where they belong. I eliminated any and all laundry out of my bedroom. I don't know why our bedroom always ends up being the laundry room. Baskets of clothes that need to be put away, dirty clothes that need to be sorted and washed. Yuck. It's no wonder neither of us sleep very well. I removed all the clutter from on top of the dresser and the chest. Receipts for things that I have no idea why they were being kept are now safely in their resting place in the garbage. Now.. not only did I elminate clutter in there.. I CLEANED IT. I dusted everything and even shampooed the carpet in there. The bed is made, the carpet looks great, most everything is in its place. Why can't there be more hours in the day when I am in the mood to get things done like that? If there were more hours in the day, do I think I would do more? Probably not.

2 comments:

Susan November 7, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

Sounds like you moved mountains!

HerstoryGirl November 7, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

You are kidding me! This is what I am doing today, too!
And, like you, it's a sorely neglected task... I'm only half-way done.
Pray for me.
=P

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.