I don't do sick very well.

So I watched the movie with Britt (The Mexican, by the way) and went to bed a bit later than I had originally anticipated. I woke up around 3am with the most horrible stomach pains and nausea. Oh.. it was awful. I threw up so much that my ribs, my back, and my stomach muscles are so incredibly sore today. I stayed in bed (or in the bathroom) all day yesterday. I slept a good deal of it with the help of some phenergan and must admit that I do feel loads better today. I have the "sick hangover" today. The little big hanging on to remind me that I am still not quite up to par just yet. My head aches along with my muscles from hurling. Here is the sad part - in the midst of all of this I am thinking to myself that I should at least lose a pound or two while suffering through this stomach virus - right? Today I woke up not even hungry which is really strange after not eating a thing all day yesterday. I have had a bowl of cereal and a sandwich today. Maybe a stomach virus was God's way of getting me started on eating smaller portions. ha ha. Something needs to. I had a friend who is not much older than I am suffer from a heart attack a few weeks ago. Talk about scary stuff.
I voted today. It felt good. I like voting. I feel like it gives me the right to complain about the state of our country if I vote.
I am worn out now. I have done very little today but am wiped out so I think I will take a nap. Being sick is really suckish.

0 comments:

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.