6 Minute Challenge

I have invented a new game of sorts. Elijah thinks it's the best - which really cracks me up. He is calling it "The Six Minute Challenge". I have a really hard time getting him to pick up after himself. He can destroy a room in minutes and I am not exaggerating. I decided today that I would just do a little bit of cleaning in each room of the house rather than focus on one room. In effort to get him to help pick up - the six minute challenge was born. We took small slips of paper and on each paper, we wrote down 8 different areas of the house. The Den, The Dining Room, The Kitchen, etc... We put them in a little box, shuffled them up and drew a slip of paper. We set the timer and went to work in that room - trying to get as much done as we could until the timer went off. Now.. honestly, I thought he would be good for one room and then I would be on my own again. HE LOVED IT! We both worked up a sweat trying to get stuff done quickly. He was such a great helper! He dusted, he swiffered, he picked stuff up.. It was hysterical! I had to stop him after 4 rooms because frankly - I was getting worn out! He didn't want to stop! I made a deal with him and took him out to play for a bit. I told him we would do the other rooms with dad's help once he got home from work. He was so anxious for Britt to get home so we could continue "the challenge"! We finished our 8 areas of the house. It's absolutely amazing how much you can do in a room in 6 minutes!!! My house is in much better shape right now that it has been in a while. Elijah decided that he wants to do the challenge again tomorrow so we made up 8 more slips of paper and will do 4 or 5 over the course of tomorrow. If we keep this up, my house will be spotless!!

1 comments:

Susan November 16, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

WHOA! WOW!

It is amazing how much we can get done in a small amount of time -- I agree!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.