Turkey Day

I have to say this Thanksgiving has been one of the best. Britt and I cooked dinner here at our house and shared with his parents, Hannah and Elijah. The food was all wonderful - the weather was nice enough that Elijah was able to play outside for a bit on his swingset, and we really enjoyed the company. After the in-laws left, we cleaned up a bit more and then got a spur of the moment idea. Britt and I ran to the only store open to see if they had a Yahtzee game! They didn't have many games, but they had Yahtzee! We came home and Britt and I played three games with Elijah. It was really a lot of fun.
I have so much to be thankful for this year. I have two wonderful children who I absolutely adore, I have a great husband who is so very good to me and is truly my partner in life, I have a job that I enjoy (even though it would be nice if it paid more!), Elijah is doing well with his current treatment, we have fabulous friends and family, and Britt loves his job. I could go on and on about all that I am thankful for - but I am tired from eating too much today! I am thankful to my Lord for the gifts of life and love.
Tomorrow - I get to enjoy another day with my family. What more could a girl ask for?

1 comments:

Susan November 28, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

Sounds heavenly!!! Enjoy your time off with the fam.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.