walking the mile... walking the mile...

I only walked a mile last night. I wanted to walk 1.5 but just didn't have time. I know, I know.. how long can it take to walk a half mile, right? Our schedule was cram packed yesterday. As it was, Britt and I still didn't get to go to bed til after midnight. I promised myself that I would at least walk a mile - and that I did. Maybe I will make up for it and do 1.75 tonight. :) I just have to start earlier. I don't like to walk in the dark by myself so I need to get it done during the daytime hours. Maybe after Elijah is done with physical therapy I can go walk.
So my friends have been sending me recipes, which I love! I am determined to stop eating out and start cooking at home more. The key to doing that successfully is to plan and shop.
I went wild with my eating there for a while. My stress level was really through the roof and that's how I deal with it.. I eat and I bitch. It's how I roll. I feel a bit more in control this week. Of my emotions and my eating.
I am praying that things continue on an even level for a while. I think a break will do all of us so much good. We can handle busy. We can handle crazy busy.. It's just nice to be able to have a bit of normal happy crazy busy, and not scary bad stuff.

0 comments:

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.