walks continue

I have continued walking every day. Sadly, I haven't walked as much every day though. I think today I did just under a mile. Time just gets away from me. We bought a bed off craigslist for the kiddos. Britt and Joe went to pick it up this evening so we spent most of the evening setting it up. Thankfully I stuck a pot roast in the crock earlier today so that was all ready for supper. We took a break from setting up the new bed and enjoyed a nice supper together.
The bed is fabulous for our small space! It's a beautiful bunk bed with a full bed on the bottom and a twin on the top. Solid wood - just lovely! I think craigslist is the bomb, by the way. We got the bunks for a steal. The original owners paid nearly $1900 when they bought them, we got them for a small fraction of that. Elijah likes them very much. I feel so bad that Hannah doesn't have her own room anymore, but she is only here one or two nights a week. She says she doesn't mind it, but I think she does. Part of me wishes that we had held out a bit longer and tried to find three bedrooms but the other part of me really feels like this is where we are supposed to be. We love this little condo - and if we can ever get things put away, I think we will be quite happy here.
I need to get new tennis shoes this week. Mine are just worn out. I think I have had them for three years now, if not longer. I know I don't exercise regularly, but I have worn these tennis shoes for at least three Riverfests - that's enough to wear out a pair of shoes easily. I am debating between walking shoes, running shoes, or cross training shoes. I found a pair of Nike's that I really liked today but Hannah told me they looked like "Grandma Shoes".. oh well.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.