Alone

We are in Philly.  Britt just left today to head back home.  Even though Elijah and I are in one room together and will be for the next 3 weeks, I still feel alone.  Elijah has his friends that he facetimes with and plays minecraft with. I'll miss Britt being here so I will have an adult to talk to about something other than cancer.
When you are here at "The Ronald" it's all about your story.  It's kind of like what I would imagine prison would be like.  "So.. whatcha in for?"  I'm thankful to be here though. We are comfortable and it feels almost like home.  
I had my doctor increase my dose on one of my meds.  I just felt like I would need it being up here for so long.  So far so good with it.  I've noticed an increase in some twitching but nothing unbearable.  I'm hoping it will subside with a bit of time.  I do feel a bit emotionless though.  I didn't get upset about Elijah's scans being different.  I guess because I feel like his disease burden is about the same and we just needed to switch gears.  I felt like I was going to cry when Britt left today, but I didn't - which is odd for me.  I don't want to be numb, but I need to be able to get out of bed and function too.  Sometimes it's hard to determine which is worse. 
The uncontrollable eating is about to come to a screeching halt.  I'm just not going to do it anymore.  I've told myself that I'm going to eat whatever I want tonight - and make sensible choices at meal times, but eating when I'm not hungry and just because it's there is no longer an option.  It's hard here though.  There are always cookies and cupcakes in the kitchen.  Temptation sucks!

0 comments:

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.