Just a plain ole update

Things are good here in the Talley house. Elijah is safely back from camp and Hannah is home this week. Next week she will go to Aldersgate to be a camp counselor there for spina bifida camp. She is a bit nervous but I think she will do wonderfully.
I think I am about to go full time at the hospital. I will be working some crazy hours, but honestly that's what I need to work right now so I can still be home with Elijah during the week. I may possibly be working a 16 hour shift on Sundays starting the second week in July. Yipes! It will be good to be full time though. I will get more for tuition reimbursement and get more benefits - which is always a good thing!
I am going to have a yard sale on Friday. The kids really want a pool membership so we are going to try to get rid of some stuff to pay for it rather than take it out of the already struggling budget. So far so good - we have $25 to go towards the membership!
I have my two books to start studying for the to CLEP tests I plan to take. I just need to have some spare time to start reading. It just seems like there is so much going on right now. I really want to get these tests done so I can take Anatomy and Physiology in the Fall. Thats my main goal as far as school goes. I want to take A&P so I can apply to nursing school in January and have that out of the way.
We are hosting another lemonade stand in a few weeks! We are super excited about this one. We won't have the tv appearances and such that we did with the other - but we have already made quite a bit on t-shirt sales!
So.. we have that going on, normal summer stuff for the kids, Hannah gets her braces off in two weeks, Gallery of Hope is coming up in the Fall so we are busy with planning that, Elijah and Hannah and camp activities, Britt taking his tests, me trying to do school stuff, both of us working full time - AND the house. Now that Riverfest and the first lemonade stand are over, it has quieted down some though.
Last week when Elijah was at camp, Britt and I had the opportunity to spend some time alone. It was good for us, I think. We don't really get much alone time anymore. It just reminded me how much I really enjoy his company.
Guess I will end this now.. I wanted to write something really deep about something, but I am too tired.. ha!

2 comments:

Susan June 17, 2008 at 5:53 AM  

Study girl!

Sounds like things are as busy as ever with no signs of lessening. That's life, huh!?!

HerstoryGirl June 19, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Dawn,
I am so excited for you all that you are planning... I am cheering you on, girl!

Hey, I will be in town the week of July 4th (and a bit after) -- Do you and Britt want to get together with Clay and I? I will try to call you this week.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.