back again

I haven't blogged in forever. Well, I have.. but on Elijah's website, not my own. I wish I could say "well, just not much going on".. but that couldn't be further from the truth. We have had too much going on and not enough time to sit and write things other than my assignments for Sociology and Creative Writing. Yep.. still in school. I really should have sat out this semester, but I need to keep on going if I am ever going to finish. Some of my grades are going to suffer this semester, but oh well. I made the deans list once. I was proud. Now I need to just get it done with. By this summer, I should have a degree. It will just be an associates degree, but I will have a degree, dang it. I am still toying with nursing school, but the way things can change so quickly around here, I am concerned about starting nursing school and not being able to finish. Some schools will allow you to pick up where you left off if it's within a certain amount of time, but others make you start all over again. I have to research that and see what would be best, if that's what I decide to do. Who knows.
My sisters wedding is weekend after next. I am not looking forward to being the fat girl in the wedding party. I don't feel pretty in this dress - I feel like the ugly step sister! ha ha. Oh well.. it should be fun. It will be nice to get away for something other than cancer related stuff. What's this? a happy ocassion in our family? NO WAY!

1 comments:

Susan October 10, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

You are going to be the glowing sister so very full of love and pride. That's what!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.