Stupid Tired

I am so tired, I am stupid. I love my bed and am so excited to sleep in it. I know that sounds crazy, but having slept in some really uncomfortable places for the past four + years really makes a gal appreciate the queen size pillow top. Chair beds, couch beds, uncomfortable beds at the Ronald McDonald House, airplanes, etc.. I love my bed. That commercial where the family is all sunburned and they come home and lay face down on their bed?? Have you seen it? That's me.
This has been an incredibly long and tiresome week. Chemo every day for Elijah, work for me and Britt, and painting in the evenings. We decided last night we were going to take a break from it and just relax. Elijah and I were hanging out (on my wonderful bed, as a matter of fact) watching game 2 of the world series - and the den flooded again. This time worse than ever. I think Britt must have vacuumed 50 gallons of water out of there if any. It was terrible - and the rain just kept coming. So there went our night of rest. Britt decided that the water was coming from the crawl space under the house. He purchased a sump pump today and will be putting that in tomorrow. We think (we pray) that will take care of it and we will not have to deal with the creek running through the downstairs ever again. I mean, I am all for water features in the house - but not like this.
I am about to put clean, lavender scented sheets on my bed!! I am, admittedly, all giggly about this!!! Good Night!

0 comments:

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.