Well, YUCK

got the word today from my physical. My cholesterol is good but my triglycerides are high. Dr. F recommends Milk Thistle for that. I am vitamin D deficient - so I get to take a vitamin D supplement. Nice.. And here is the fun stuff. I am pre-diabetic. (and now for the collective, "duh") I need to try and lose some weight and get some exercise and then go back to see Dr. F in 4 months to check my sugar again. I read today that a vitamin d def. can affect your blood sugar. Mine is probably just from eating crap and not getting enough exercise. That and lovelies like chocolate pudding cake and homemade blackberry ice cream. It's all Britt's fault!!!! ha.. just kidding. Scary stuff. How much more do I need to try and scare me in to getting my life together? ugh.
I'm getting a lot done at work this week. It feels good to be sort of getting caught up with stuff. I just need to keep up the momentum. I have cooked dinner four nights in a row now.. wow. It's getting better..I'm getting the house cleaner.. Praying the laundry fairy shows herself soon though.

1 comments:

Susan September 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

You are doing LOTS! Thanks to Dave Ramsey, I planned two weeks worth of meals. Groceries, time spent on my feet... I hope this is worth it!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.