Happiness

This past Saturday marked my 41st Birthday. In spite of the fact that the pedicure guy asked my sister if I was her mother.. In spite of the fact that I think I've gained 10 pounds and am so swollen and puffy... In spite of the fact that my face is broken out like a 15 year old boy..In spite of the fact that I have gray hair running amok.. I was happier this weekend than I can remember being in a very long time. I loved it. I spent time with my family and a few of my dear friends.. I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt, I ate great food, saw a wonderful movie, was pampered and spoiled.. did I mention that I ate great food? Wow.. My kids played together at the park and I enjoyed seeing them both laugh and smile so much. That's what life is all about, right there. Yesterday was lazy. We went for our third visit to a church we've been considering and then came home. We didn't leave the house for the rest of the day. I think 3 times is enough to make a decision as to whether or not you want to continue going someplace. I think we've decided that it's not for us and will move on to a different church now.
I am drinking my one diet coke of the day. I am back to using myfitnesspal again and need to get on some sort of exercise routine. I'm just scared of all of the hills in our neighborhood (and really don't want anyone seeing my fat self try to run during the day)
This upcoming weekend will be mine and Britt's 12th wedding anniversary. I think that's a pretty big deal! I can't imagine that someone would put up with me for 12 years. I love that man.. I think I'll keep him.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.