Happy New Year

I haven't been updating my blog lately. I honestly just haven't felt like it. I feel like all I do is whine on here. I thought, "No one wants to read about you feeling sorry for yourself all the time!" Then I realized that my blog only has two followers anyway, so I might as well say whatever the heck I want, right? Who cares?
We were in Philly just after Christmas and got to play in the snow. It was fun and pretty for about 5 minutes, then I was over it.
Classes start for me next week. It should be my last semester. I hope and pray it's my last semester! I have some demanding classes so I am really going to have to buckle down. My GPA is in the toilet right now. I had a 4.0 my first semester back in school. There really isn't a reason I shouldn't still be doing well. Laziness, I suppose.
So I've made my list of goals for 2011. Some I guess you could say are resolutions. They include the usual "get in better shape and lose weight" stuff that I have on my list of everyday woes and gripes. My list also includes developing a deeper relationship with God and getting to a point where Britt and I are comfortable praying together. I want to focus more on my marriage and spend more time with Hannah. I want to finish my stupid associates degree and eliminate stuff that I don't use/need. I want to make my bed every day and keep my sink shiny. I also want a new couch and to get off the carbonated beverages. (Celebrities go to rehab for everything under the sun.. WHY don't they have a rehab for Diet Coke?)
My hair is growing out.. I'm actually liking having long hair again. I will get to enjoy it for about 9 more months and then it's all being shaved off.. I'm going to shave my head completely bald. I'm part of the 46 Mommas this year.. a group of moms from across the country that raise funds and then shave their heads. I'm excited, but nervous.
That's it from me for now. I have a lot more to say, but it will have to wait for another day. We are looking for a new church home - the few we have visited are worthy of a blog entry or two. I lost my best friend - looking for a new one of those too (doubt I will blog about that though) I am forever on the quest for organization and order.. I think 2011 may actually be the year that I get there.

0 comments:

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.