What a Monday!!

At the request of my darling daughter, I prepared a meatloaf for dinner. I figured it was the least I could do since she picked Elijah up from school and then had to come get me because my car had a flat. Don't I have a spare, you ask? No. The tire that was on the car was the spare. The other tire is flat and happily resting in the trunk of my car. Nice way to end the day, huh? Car repairs are inevitable and I know they need to be taken care of. Why, oh why do they have to REALLY have to be taken care of right before both of my children have their birthdays and just a few weeks before Christmas??? Dave Ramsey would have a field day with this one. I can hear him saying "Emergency Fund" in the back of my mind. I know, Dave. We're working on it.
Hannah put up her pink Christmas tree in her room. It's really cute. Elijah has as little tree for his room as well. I guess I'll put that in there tomorrow. Maybe this weekend I will get our tree put up. I'm really wanting a big real tree this year. We will see how that goes. I'm trying to be in the spirit. I am really trying hard, but the dark forces of bah humbug are getting to me. That and the "broke monster" is keeping me from purchasing things that I want to purchase. I'm trying to remember that It's not about the money and the stuff that you buy, but how can I make my house look festive without spending some bank? I can't. Definitely not on the outside. Oh well.
I need to go to bed. We are a one car family for now and will have to be up early tomorrow to get everyone where they need to be on time.
Ciao

0 comments:

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.