I need a new picture

I need to find a halfway decent picture of myself and put it on here, instead of the one that is on here. I don't know why I just thought of that. I just did. It's nearly 1am. I just got home from work and I am tired, but not ready to go to bed yet. I feel like I have really been working a lot lately. I had Monday off and I have Friday off. Thank goodness Friday is almost here.
A little girl really touched my heart at work tonight. They just found out today that she has diabetes. She is about 9. So sweet. I had to help hold her arm and keep her still while they started her iv. She had never been in a hospital before in her life and she was petrified. She was scared to death, but didn't move a bit and didn't make a sound. She was so good for everything. I wanted to hug her and tell her it would be okay. Her family had that overwhelmed look that I have seen so many times in newly diagnosed cancer families - a look that I remember us having. That look that tells you these people realize life will never be the same from this moment on.
I am doing okay. Working too much to work on my quiet reflection that I really want to work on. I have been in prayer a lot lately, which is good for me.
Mother's Day is coming up. I think that's a whole different blog topic though. I have been missing my mom something terrible over the past few months. I will blog on that maybe tomorrow. Now, I am going to bed.

2 comments:

Susan May 8, 2008 at 6:26 AM  

I think the hospital needs to hire you to be a new patient counselor. You're the best there is!

I think your photo is good.

CewTwo May 9, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

Your life experience makes you a very special person, Dawn! The insight that you can share always makes me think of how very special you really are.

Sometimes a liitle sharing of empathy can make a LOT of difference in both a patient's and their family's lives.

Thank you, Dawn, for being you and sharing it.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.