So Much To Tell...

I have many stories to tell, but not time to put them all down, so I will just give a brief rundown.
This past weekend was Riverfest. Britt and I are on the committee so we were busy from Thursday morning until MOnday morning at the festival. It was great fun. It's alway neat to see something so huge run so well. Riverfest will be my blog topic tomorrow (or the next time I blog)
I was able to sit down and visit with a homeless woman while we were working at Riverfest. Of all the years I have been working the festival, I have always come in contact with many homeless folks. This was the first time I felt compelled to visit (I mean really visit) with any of them. I really felt a connection with her and would love to share her story. Terri's story will come later this week as well.
I have baby birds living in my garage. Not sure how many there are, but they are just now learning to fly. Elijah has really enjoyed watching these babies grow. It makes me glad that I didn't move the nest out right after we found it. We just have to duck sometimes when we go out there!! At one point, a few of the birds fell out of the nest. Zach had to pick them up and put them back in there.
Duchess got out the other day and took off up the street in the rain. She came back, but not after Eli got good and upset. It was storming and she is petrified of storms. He wasn't so much worried that she wouldn't come back, but that she was really scared because of the thunder. Sweet boy.
I am going through all of this "I wish we could start from scratch" phase, I guess. I think it has something to do with my friend Susan moving away (:( I miss you!). I wish we could just sell this house, move to something smaller, get rid of both of our cars, and live more simply - but we are too far in the hole with all of it. yuck. If our house had a working AC upstairs, I think we could patch the rest of the stuff up enough to sell it - but not with a repair that major.
I am going to fix the tv for Eli and chill for a bit. We have been running errands all day.
Peace

3 comments:

Susan May 29, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Awwwww! Well, my starting over period is a forced one! Ha. I am excited... yet leaving behind (physically) so much.

I am very excited to hear the rest of your upcoming blog topics.

HerstoryGirl June 2, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Me, too!

Hey, are y'all going to be around the week of July 4th???

CewTwo June 2, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

Great story about the birds. Sometimes something so minor can teach real life lessons to every member of the family.

I'm looking forward to the new blog material as well.

Thanks for sharing, Dawn!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.