Uh Oh!


I made a big mistake today! I thought I was doing really great, and added all my work shifts to the calendar on my gmail account. That way I could share it with Britt and keep up with extra shifts that I sign up for. I doubled checked them the other day and was so proud of myself for this small step in the long journey to organization. Today Britt called me and said there was a message from me on our home voice mail. (he gets email notifications) It was from work. They said it was after 12 and I was supposed to be there at 12. OH NO!!! I did not think I was supposed to work today! I thought I signed up for TOMORROW! They double checked the schedule and sure enough, I had it wrong! I got to work, but over an hour late. Thankfully John (my BFF) had taken a vacation day today. He abandoned his plans and came over to get Elijah so I could run to work. Elijah was really excited to get to spend the day with Uncle John. I felt confused and out of sorts for hours this afternoon! I guess just making such a mistake really threw me for a loop. They said it happens all the time, but still.

1 comments:

Susan May 2, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

Poor Dawn! But DANG I am impressed with the e-mail voicemail notifications! And sharing a calendar -- wow! Impressive!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.