Enough, Already!


This week has not been such a great one for this family. We have had two deaths in the family and both were from cancer. One on Britt's side and one on my side. Britt's Uncle Ray passed away in the morning, and my cousin Michael passed away that night. I hate cancer. It just sucks.
Britt's Uncle was always telling silly stories and always the "life of the party" when we had family gatherings. He is Britt's mom's brother. She has been pretty shaken up about the loss, obviously.
My cousin Mike was diagnosed with a form of lymphoma a few months ago. They hit him pretty hard with treatment and his body just couldn't take it. It's devastating. He has the most beautiful little angel girl that is now without her daddy. My Aunt Murr, who is so dearly loved by all of us here in the Talley house, has lost her only child. My heart just aches for her. She is the most loving and kind person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and for her to have to suffer a loss like this is just unimaginable to me. I know it's always said that God has a reason for everything.. Cancer and suffering are things that I have such a hard time finding justification in. I don't know that I ever will understand. I still have my Faith and still believe in God's purpose for us all, but sometimes things like this are just hard for me to swallow.
I told Britt yesterday that we needed to start praying for and expecting good things to happen for our family. I started yesterday and today, the Lord answered. We felt God's favor today in a big way. I am praying this is the beginning of many great things to come. This has been a rough year. Things need to look up from here on out.

3 comments:

Susan April 25, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

Awful. Just awful.

HerstoryGirl April 28, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

I am SO sorry for both yours and Britt's losses... that is so difficult to endure.

Just remember that it is not God who inflicts this pain upon our world. He does care and He knows your pain.
I love you and I'll be praying for both of your families.
(((hugs)))
Summer

CewTwo April 28, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Dawn, You and yours have been up against it recently. I feel the pain. Those incidents leave holes in our lives that cannot be mended. Remember them in a positive way. Talk of them with cureent family and family to come. That is the way to keep them alive to everyone. I am praying for your family, as well.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.