Is it really necessary?

I think I have mentioned before that we have been talking about the benefits of frugality and not spending money on things that are not necessary. With that having been said, I think we are going to really give it a shot. We have elected to not dine out anymore. Dining out sucks up a major portion of our income. Sad thing is, we don't normally dine out because of pleasure, we dine out because of lack of planning. I go through spurts where I am really good about planning out a menu for a week, then doing my shopping accordingly. I have been out of that habit for quite some time now and it's time to get back in to. Britt has been listening to Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace seminar over the past several days. We have both listened to the whole course before and find it inspiring. Now we just need to implement his plan. So... rather than say we aren't going to spend any money on things that are not absolutely needed, we are going to start out with the big one. No more eating out for the Talley Family until further notice! We will be sticking by our menu and working on a budget for the rest of our expenses. I will be sure and keep you posted of our progress.. Our plan is to get caught up and then build up savings so we can take trips with our family and enjoy them knowing that our bills are paid and we aren't blowing money.

2 comments:

Susan April 22, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

What a plan! I hope you don't have to do all the work. :)

CewTwo April 23, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

My problem with eating out is that many places don't serve an abundance of healthy meals. You really have to examine a menu to get something beneficial without loading up on fat and sugar.

I budget meals out but I try to cook at home as much as possible! After all, I have a half-marathon in less than a month.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.