Morbid Thoughts

So when I die, I want to be cremated. I don't want to be buried. Well, I guess if whoever is in charge of all the stuff wants to bury my ashes, that would be okay with me.. but I don't want my body buried unless it's been cremated. Don't ask me why - cause I really don't know. If any of my organs are of any value, give them to someone else. I sure as heck don't need them anymore. I also don't want a traditional funeral. i don't like going to funerals at all and only go most of the time because I feel obligated. Truthfully, funerals make me miserable. So.. no funeral for me. What we did for my mom when she passed would be perfect for me - only I would like for it to be potluck instead of me and my sister cooking all the food - primarily cause I will be otherwise occupied and unable to cook - and my sister tends to improvise in the kitchen too much.. ha! So.. potluck it is. Potluck, Beer, Wine, and shots. Everyone would have to bring one of my favorite dishes. John would bring potato salad, someone else would have to make strawberry shortcake, I don't really know what else.. I want Dave Matthews and James Taylor playing as background music unless I have developed a new taste in music by then and have replaced my two favorites, which I doubt.. I would like to have pictures about of me with people I love... I would like a few people to toast with a favorite memory of me if they have any, and that's it. I don't want a preacher who most likely doesn't know me standing in front of a group of people in a church who would much rather be someplace else preaching to everyone about how they need to give their life to God because eventually they are all going to die like me and hopefully they will get to go to Heaven and be where I am. I just detest funerals. As far as my ashes go.. I really don't know what I would want done with them... unless someone could sneak a bit in to Disneyland. That would be a nice resting place for me, I think. :)

1 comments:

Susan July 2, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

Oh my!

Good to know. I prefer "alternative" funerals, also, even though I have never been to one... yet.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.