Too early for normal folk

I had to be at work by 3:30 this morning. That's a crazy time to come to work, honestly. I found myself looking at all the houses in my neighborhood to see if there were any lights on. Lots of folks were either in the garage, or left the lights on in there. There was more traffic than I expected though. I figured they must be going to work at the terrible hour of 3:30 just like me, heading to the ER to hang out with folks like me, or they were drunk. I think, based on the huge crowd at Waffle House, they were mostly drunk. Armed with this assumption, I drove with great caution the rest of the way to to work. The house was packed when I got here, sadly. It's good to be busy, but bad that so many kiddos are feeling bad enough to be in the ER at 4am on the 4th of July. I am just glad I am working early today instead of later. I have visions of all these kids with burns because their redneck parents taught them that it's okay to play with firecrackers. Yeah, I know.. I shouldn't judge.

1 comments:

Susan July 4, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

We were discussing foreworks yesterday and I thought of kids playing with them -- yikes!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.