Home Sweet Home

I really like Philadelphia. I love being in the city, riding the train, seeing all the sites and different people walking about. I love all the history in Philadelphia - being in places where the foundation of our country was formed. We went to the most wonderful cafe last night. Naked Chocolate Cafe. Wow. Britt and I both had "sipping chocolate".. It was in a tiny teacup and served with whipped cream on the side. It was LOVELY. It was right next to our hotel that we stayed in after Elijah was discharged. We love our friends that live there and so enjoyed getting to spend time with them.
I like a lot of things about the city - but for everything I like, there are things that I do not like. I do not like the smell - it smells of urine and exhaust all over the place. I do not like the trash. For some reason people dump their trash along the train tracks and they are lined with garbage. It looks nasty. It's not a very safe place to be either.
I am glad we are home. I miss our pets and our bed. I missed our friends and our family. I have been excited to get home and get our Christmas decorations up and get Holiday shopping done. It's hard to come home and realize that you have to get back to the normal day to day business of life - but it still feels great to be here.

1 comments:

Susan December 15, 2008 at 5:26 AM  

I am so thankful that things went well and that you're home safely! I thought of you guys a lot last week.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.