Next Christmas

I think next Christmas I will not buy presents for anyone but my children. We cut things down this year - not doing a gift exchange with adults on Britt's side. I am just tired of stressing over what to get folks. Now I have everyone else taken care of, but my own kids!!! How crazy is that?
I want the kids to know more about Christmas rather than just wonder what they are going to get that's wrapped under the tree. I wish that one year we could go away and stay in a cabin - just the family.. Or enjoy the day at the beach. Seeing the true beauty of this world that God has created for us.
My birthday is coming up next month. I would like to have a dinner party for my birthday. Potluck, lots of friends, no presents. Donations to my favorite charities instead of gifts.
We are kitty sitting this weekend. Our sweet little friend Helen is getting some kittens for Christmas and Santa asked if they could stay at our house until it's time for them to be delivered. I guess it's too cold for kitties in the North Pole right now. :) They are really sweet. Our older cat has no interest in them, Dude, Elijah's cat, is following them everywhere. They are so playful! Elijah is enjoying having them here.
Tomorrow I go back to work. I have enjoyed being off even though we have been so very busy.
My friend Susan tried to sum up the past year in 30 words.. I don't know that I could do the same, but I will try.

2008
Hannah Sweet 16!, New hope for Elijah, new job, Chicago, Philadelphia, New Friends, missing old ones, Britt loves his job, read good books, lots of sorrow and joy, facebook addiction.

ha!

1 comments:

Susan December 20, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

Dang - I completely left off my Facebook addiction from my 30 words!

I remember stressing over buying/finding gifts when I had more people to buy for. Really stressing! Now I am kinda sad that I only have Chasen to buy for... guess I liked shopping after all. OH WELL - next year I'll have Baby Isaac to shop for!!!! Although, what will a 10 month old need???

If I was there, I'd THROW you a birthday potluck get together. Fo sho!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.