Just dont get it....


Don't get me wrong.. I like Jimmy Buffett. I really really do. I love a good margarita and can sing most of the words to "Cheeseburger in Paradise". I just don't understand the whole Parrothead thing. I don't understand that whole Deadhead thing either and I do not consider myself a "Fanilow". I did, for a great while, have a Dave Matthews Band sticker on my car.. and love me some DMB. We were even members of the fan club for a while... I also love James Taylor and listen to him as much as I possibly can because his music makes me happy, but have never seen the cultish following for JT a I have for some of the others.. But why are Parrotheads like no other group? Why do they gather in groups of other Buffett fans and travel to far off and distant places for these huge festivals o fun to listen to Buffett music and play in plastic swimming pools? I am jealous of their fun, really. Jealous of their enthusiasm! I have tried long and hard to understand why I am no longer capable of being a huge fan of other things.. I have a friend who is a HUGE American Idol fan.. travels to see idol shows, owns paraphanalia, etc.. There is also a grown woman that I have recently met who is obsessed with all things Twighlight and has seen the movie a million times, read all the books, etc. etc.. I just can't get excited about any one thing like that. I watch Idol. I read the Twighlight books.. I can't think of anything that I love that much that I would want to make it a necessary part of my esistence. Does that make me uncool? I am sure to some Parrothead like people, it would.. I guess I could never be part of their club. I would never get a parrothead tattoo.
I know. I will be a Riverfest Fanatic. What could I call that? I guess just a committee member. The tattoo would be cool.

1 comments:

Susan February 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

The parrotheads are fun loving, that's for sure! Our one concert was great -- and chocked full of wacky people!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.