Not Gonna Do It


I have made a decision. I am not going to do something that I don't think would be in my best interest in the long run - just to prove a point. I know this makes no sense - it does to me and I guess at this point, that's all that matters, right? I am not going to make my life more dificult just so I can show others that I was right. How does that help me? It doesn't. Is proving that I am right always what is best? I don't think so. I think sometimes doing what's right is better than being right. I am going to do this one my way - because it's better for me and better for the whole situation. Besides, I know I am right anyway.

2 comments:

Michelle February 17, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Dadgummit .. you know I'm itching to know what you're talking about.

:)

Love you!

Susan February 18, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Don't know the specifics, but I agree!

This reminds me (random tangent here...) that my resolution for 2008 was to stop doing things that I just felt obligated to do, yet didn't really, 100% want to do (and would not really cause any bad consequences).

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.