Absorption

I would like to say that I have decided to become self absorbed for a while, but that's not true. I am, however, going to become a bit more talleyfamilyaborsbed, and less interested in the goings on of others. Does that mean that I don't love you and care about what you are doing? Not at all!!! I have so many great friends that are having some of the most awesome experiences in life right now, some great friends who are doing new and fabulous things, and some friends who are experiencing some rough times. All of these have been there for me through everything we have been going through for the past several years and I could not be more thankful for the support and friendship. Support, friendship, and prayers that I will continue to covet. I just have a few things I need to give up for a while. 1. matchmaking. I am giving up the matchmaking business - probably not for good, but at least for Lent and maybe a bit longer. So.. if you are going to ask me to hook you up, that's not in my job description anymore. Besides, I am terrible at it anyway so it would be in your best interest to avoid my services on that realm. 2. Babysitting. I am notorious for offering to babysit when I really can't even get my own crap together. I can't do this for a while. (unless baby Isaac comes to town - then all others better back off cause that baby is mine - that wouldn't be babysitting anyway.) 3. Picking up extra shifts at work. I actually feel kinda bad about this one, because people do from time to time pick up shifts for me. I just can't deal right now. 4. Gossip. I am no longer going to engage in too much gossip. I am incredibly nosy and it really stresses me out until I find out the whole story - so to avoid that stress, I am walking away from that. Again.. I need to insert the disclaimer that not all of this is permanent. I am a creature of habit and I can't give all of this up for too long.. ha! Where was I? oh.. yes. 5. Talking too much about myself and my life. I am going to incorporate a little more privacy in to my life. I will continue to update Elijah's website faithfully - but I am actually tired of hearing myself talk. Really. I am. So quiet time is coming.. Britt, get ready.. don't think there is anything wrong. There isn't. I just need to shut the heck up for a while. 6. Making decisions for other people. (Can you hear my sweet loving husband choking on his glass of milk while he reads that statement?) I know.. Surely those of you who know me are thinking this the impossible. I am saying right now - I am tired of forcing my opinions on those who are perfectly capable of making decisions on their own. These people would probably prefer it this way anyway. Sister, your wedding is your wedding - not mine. Even though I would love to live vicariously through your experience, this is your joyous occasion - not mine. I am sure it will be lovely and I am happy to offer my support and love. I will not, however, tell you how to have your wedding. That is my solemn promise. Husband, oh... what can I say. I am sorry I am such a bossy wife. I admit it. I love you and I know you are a grown man who manages to make it to work each day without me telling you how to drive. I will try to do better and not boss so much. (I said TRY).. Okay.. this is just the beginning though. I need to focus more on my family and living each day rather than focusing on how everyone else is doing.
It's sooo late and I am rambling. Oh well. It's my blog. I am allowed to put whatever I want on here, right?

2 comments:

Susan March 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Man oh man - wow! We should ALL re-evaluate once in a while and make a list like this.

Isaac has kind of forced me to make changes, as you could imagine. No time for too much fluff! It's a good thing...

And might I add that I am HONORED to be an "exception" to this list!!! LOVE YOU!!!

HerstoryGirl March 24, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

LOL! This post made me laugh... not because it's funny, but because it's just so you. Thank you for always sharing your heart with us, for being transparent. That is something I have loved about you since I first met you.
And it's also funny because so much of it could have been written by me!
=P

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.