It's all about change, right?

I am wrestling with a decision about work. I think I want to change my employment status from full time to part time. It would mean a decrease in my benefits, but I could still sign up to work just about as many hours as I work now - but with more flexibility. I am really growing tired of working every single weekend and not spending any time with my family. I know we thought this would be for the best, and for a year it has worked well.. Now I miss my kids and doing things with friends. Elijah is getting ready to go to camps and everything.. with my current schedule, I won't be able to drop him off at camp! YUCK! So.. I am praying about this change. I am not feeling 100% sure that this is the right thing for us just yet because we do need income - I will still have to work and there is no guarantee that I will be able to get all the hours I need. I just need more flexibility. So.. tonight and tomorrow I am going to pray about it. I am not going to come to a final decision until we get back from Philadelphia next week. I am sure that God will show me the path He wants me to take. If this is what I am supposed to do, God will make it an easy and evident decision.

1 comments:

Susan March 26, 2009 at 12:19 AM  

I think no amount of money is worth zero family time. Just my 2 cents!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.