Late Night

Elijah has been really sick today. Sicker than I have seen him in a long time. He has thrown up several times and is complaining that his stomach hurts terribly. I hate seeing him so miserable. He has actually slept quite a bit today because of iv nausea meds. Now I am sure he will be restless most of the night tonight. Is it possible for an 8 year old to get his days and nights mixed up? I am praying that he feels better tomorrow. It's crazy, but throughout the whole cancer thing, Elijah hasn't been terribly sick. He has tolerated things very well. His feeling bad today has really reminded us just how fortunate we have been. I worry. I try not to show him too much. These stomach cramps, his legs bothering him.. It's awful for us, really.
All he has had to eat today is ativan, oxycodone, and phenergan. I would be in a coma. He wants to watch a movie.

1 comments:

Susan March 24, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Sorry I am so late getting to your blog. Something about having a newborn seems to zap my leisure computer time...

I am so sorry about Elijah. I think you're smart to "vent" where possible. Blog it, sister!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.