Good Day

Today was a good day. I worked, and it wasn't so bad. I left a bit early. Elijah was asked to be an honorary co-captain at the Arkansas Twisters Game tonight! He was invited on the field for the coin toss! It was awesome, but a bit overwhelming for him. He has never had to stand in front of so many people before and he does get a bit of stage fright.. All in all it went great. We watched the game with Britt's parents and really had fun. At least I did.. I think Elijah did too. Poor Britt. It was his birthday and we really didn't get to do much to celebrate him. I guess we will have a belated birthday celebration next week. He has to get his german chocolate cake from Silvek's - our favorite European Bakery. It is the best, really.
Tonight at the game we were able to sit and visit for a few minutes with some of our friends from the old neighborhood. It really makes us miss that part of town. We First we must begin the process of starting repairs on our house so we can list it to sell. It's going to take quite a bit to get it marketable. We will be looking in to creative ways of getting some of the materials and resources we need. A bit of wood flooring for the upstairs hall, kitchen hard wood floor repair, painting the kitchen, some tile work, landscaping.. blech. It's going to be a daunting task, but one that I think will pay off for us in the long wrong. Get us back to the neighborhood we love - near friends - and in a smaller more manageable, affordable and efficient home. OH.. and did I mention in the best school district in Little Rock???
I am tired and have to work tomorrow so I will end this rant. I need to post on the Arkansas Twisters and why I think more families need to come out and support them. Maybe in a few days.

1 comments:

Susan April 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Busy, busy, busy! I kno whard hard it is to make a house in "sell" condition. Lucky for you, your house is a great find!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.