Home

I am so thankful to be back home.. Which is ironic because I really want to sell this house and find a new home. We have lived here longer than any house and I really wanted to live here forever, but it's just too big and we need something more manageable. It makes me sad though. Elijah loves this house. It's where we brought him home from both of his transplants. It's the first house we bought.. But I know that's not what makes it home.. It's what we have in it - not stuff, but love and family - that makes it home. We can get that anywhere, right? I sold my dining room set today. We are really trying to downsize and eliminate 'stuff'. It kinda made me sad too.. All the birthday cakes we have shared on that table.. family dinners.. I have no idea why I am getting so sentimental. I have never really liked that dining room set anyway.. It was very country looking.. I am not country.

2 comments:

Susan April 30, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Hmmm! Will you replace it or just enjoy the open space?

HerstoryGirl May 2, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

You are definitely NOT country! =P

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.