It's Been a Week...

Gallery of Hope was this past weekend. It was a beautiful event. I think we raised well over $15,000 to directly help the families at ACH whose kids are fighting cancer. Next week Elijah is going to hopefully go to school and I will have tons of time to get things done around the house. I am really hoping that next week will be a good week to get some stuff organized. :)
I have been thinking that I really need to get a daily devotional book and start reading it daily. I used to have one and I liked it - so I will look for a new one next week or maybe find one online. I like the ones that are in a book format better, I think.
Today has been quiet. I have enjoyed the rain.

3 comments:

Susan September 9, 2007 at 6:40 PM  

I, too, appreciate raint days; they force us to appreciate all that we have right in front of us.

Gallery of Hope was AWESOME!

CewTwo September 10, 2007 at 12:23 PM  

It is raining in Denver today! I enjoy the rain and I know that we need it, but I like sunshine, also.

I am so glad that the 'Gallery of Hope' went so well!

HerstoryGirl September 10, 2007 at 3:57 PM  

Dawn, I highly recommend "The Mom's Devotional Bible." It is short, concise, VERY relevant-to-moms daily devotionals. It is my absolute favorite of all the daily devos I have tried...
I'm so glad Gallery of Hope went well. I really wish I could have been there!
Summer =)

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.