what do you want to be when you grow up?

I have always envied those who knew what they wanted to do with their lives and never waivered from it. My husband has known for the longest time that he wanted to be an architect. I have friends at the hospital who always wanted to be nurses and now that they are, they are happy and have never thought of doing anything else. I have waivered so much on what I want to be when I grow up - I fear I will never know. I think I am finally getting to the point where I have decided what to do about it. When all this cancer stuff is behind us and Elijah is healed once and for all (and he will be!) I am going to go back to school and study what I LIKE and what interests me. I love English and literature. I love religious studies, and I love psychology. I am done worrying about what I want to BE. I just want to get my degree in what I am interested in. I am sure the rest will fall in to place. We always joke that I should be a rich architects wife! ha ha. Maybe I will be by the time I finish school and then I won't have to worry about it anymore.
We put a twin bed in our room so Elijah is sleeping in his own bed now. Britt and I have our bed back and actually have room to sleep. It's been good for us, I think. Elijah is sleeping better and still feels safe being close to us. I am making progress on my house as far as cleaning and organizing goes. I am almost to the point where I can clean Elijah's room.. That's a scary thought. You can't even walk in there, it's just covered with toys. It's good that he is so well loved!

5 comments:

Susan September 26, 2007 at 1:45 PM  

You are amazing, woman!!! Follow your dream.

My new dream might be to become a personal trainer. HA HA HA!

CewTwo September 26, 2007 at 6:37 PM  

Yes, Dawn, follow your dream. I have pretty much done that or I have been summoned by others through the grace of God. There are people out there in that great wide world that want and need the talents that you have. You only need to hone those skills.

You'll do it!

Susan September 28, 2007 at 12:13 PM  

Isn't Charlie great?

:)

CewTwo September 28, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

C'mon... I'm just a guy that is inspired by you!

Michelle September 29, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

I'm with you, Dawn - I dont know what I want to be when I grow up either. :) Unfortunately I just enjoy being me, and that isn't paying much right now!

Michelle

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.