pleasant weekend

All in all, I would say it's been a good weekend I got something to wear to Gallery of Hope. We went to a luau. Some friends came with us to visit our church today. It's been good. I have been reminded over the past week that it's so important to live life for each day and stop worrying about the minor stuff. You would think I had that down by now, huh? A sweet girl relapsed with leukemia last week. We love this girl and her family. When I stopped by to see her, she was all smiles. She is Hannah's age and the picture of loveliness. Cancer is such a horrid disease, yet she choses to smile and live each day to the fullest. Amazing. I think it's been a pretty rough week for a lot of us cancer moms. Palmer's relapse, another friend nearing the end of his battle, several newly diagnosed patients. It's just hard. I don't like all the struggles that have come along with all of this. The medical aspect of it all is hard enough - then you get hit with the other stuff.. .The emotional, the spiritual and the daily reminders of the financial. It bites. I told another friend that the OFFICIAL term was "This just sucks". Yep. It sucks.
I am in the process of making a list of all the things that are weighing me down (other than Eli having cancer) and I am trying to eliminate them or deal with them so they won't drive me nuts anymore. I am typically the kind of person who just avoids things and prays they go away.. but they don't. So now they eat me up inside. So.. I am going to try to deal with a few things to eliminate issues. Does that make sense? Oh well.. it does to me.. ha!
Labor day we will be taking Eli to the hospital for chemo - but it wont take long at all. Then Britt and I are going to be organizing some stuff around the house and getting it in presentable shape.. AND.. we are going to make more laundry soap!!! wooo hooo!!!
prayers for today: motivation to get things done in the house, time to do something special with Elijah, and mark one thing off my "get this off my list" list.. ha ha

2 comments:

Susan September 3, 2007 at 7:04 AM  

I absolutely LOVE the idea of the list. Kudos to you! Maybe I need a list...

Laundry soap -- very, very cool. I still want to see a full report of the product!

CewTwo September 4, 2007 at 6:07 AM  

Sounds like a good plan. I will often list items then think about them as I run (or I'll review the list before I go to sleep). Sometimes an answer comes to me through the activity!

I think the laudry soap is a great idea. I have purchased the ingredients but have not made it yet.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.