Dinner in a box, ripped pants, and heartbreak!

Okay.. A friend at the hospital said that Macaroni Grill is now making boxed dinners - much like hamburger helper only with Mac Grill food and chicken. Seeing as how I LOVE Macaroni Grill, I decided to give it a try and bought two of them. FABULOUS! Well, for dinner in a box, they sure are. We had the marsala last night and are trying another one tonight. Why do I love pasta so much? Anyhoo.. if you want some decent pasta and don't have time to cook, these seriously only take about twenty minutes and are pretty tasty.
Elijah had his last chemo for this round today. It went smoothly for him. Not so much for me.. It was one of those days. I forgot my bottle of water that I meant to bring, brought the wrong book to read, and as soon as we got there, I RIPPED MY PANTS! My favorite old khaki capri pants that I have been wearing for years - I guess they were just too well loved. I SWEAR they were not too tight! I had plenty of room in them. Here is the crazy part - I didn't rip out the seat - I RIPPED OUT THE CROTCH! or the area near the crotch, I guess I should say. Thankfully I had a long enough shirt on that it covered it.. As the 5 hour day in the hospital was wearing on, the hole was wearing larger and larger. My the time we left the hospital, I was lucky my pants weren't falling off. Jiminy. I guess I have to throw away my favorite pants now - so the world does not see my panties.
And now for the heartbreak. As many of you who read my friend Susan's blog already know, she is expecting her first baby! Now - while this is cause for much celebration and jubilation, my heart is broken because they have moved away! For normal friends, they aren't so far away, but for a very dear friend who is having her first baby, it is too far for my taste!!! How in the world am I going to effectively love this little one from so far away????? Good grief. I guess I will just have to figure this out.. I hope she knows she has to share this baby with me. ha!

2 comments:

Susan August 22, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

Awww!

Awww!

Awww!

Lady, I am 2.5 hours away. We will make this work!!!! I promise. I just LOVE you to pieces, and Baby Stout needs its Aunt Dawn.

Sorry about the fave pants.

CewTwo August 25, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

There is nothing as valuable as friendship! You are so blessed to have such a good friend. And for her to have you!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.