No place like home

We went to Philadelphia on Tuesday of last week. We took Elijah to the children's hospital there to meet with a doctor who specializes in Elijah's specific cancer. It was a good meeting. While we were in Philly we stayed at the Ronald McDonald House. I was really excited when we got to our room because we saw that there was a sleep number bed in the room. Well, my excitement ended once I got in the bed. No matter what number I put it on, I was NOT comfortable. I felt as though I were sleeping on an air mattress, which I guess is what a sleep number bed is. Neither one of us slept well while we were there. When we got home, Elijah started to run fever so we had to take him to the hospital. He was admitted on Thursday but released today. Tonight will be the first night I will get to sleep in my own bed in 5 nights and I am sooo excited about it. To have the whole family here at home and to sleep in my bed and my room are things that I think I take for granted. My house needs some work and some updating, but I really do love it. If we could fix it up and repurpose some of the rooms, I could live here forever.
Tomorrow is my first day as a full time hospital employee. I have been part time up until now. crazy timing, isn't it? All in all, I am feeling pretty good about the direction things are going in for us and for Eljah. I am getting in to the swing of school for Elijah and I and the house is getting closer and closer to being organized. I am getting a new laptop in 10 days! woo hoo!!!!

2 comments:

Susan September 2, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

Congrats on the laptop - and I am releved that you're all home.

CewTwo September 4, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

I have loved all of my laptops. The freedom that they give can be amazing!

I am so happy for you that you are comfortable with how things are progressing!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.