It's getting there!

I feel pretty good about the strides I have made towards organization today. The classroom space is nearly up and ready to go. All of our supplies are put in their place, the new table is in there, and the world map that I bought is hung on the wall. I think it will be good for Elijah and I both to have a place to do our school work without the distractions of the rest of the house. Just having all of our school stuff in one place instead of all over will be great too.
I started eating better yesterday. I am trying to follow a lower carb way of eating. I am fully addicted to carbs, so this is a huge challenge for me. I just need to cut out the sugar and the processed flour products that I eat. No more diet coke, either. Diet Coke is like crack for me.. I think I may have mentioned that a time or two! I am going to do it this time. The first two weeks will be the hardest, but also the most rewarding. So.. prayers are appreciated! I have done Weight Watchers several times but never seem to have the desire or will power to stick with it so I am trying something completely different. I feel positive about it, but also don't have that "oh, this will be a breeze" mentality - Maybe it's really time.

1 comments:

Susan September 5, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

Go girl! So much positivity! Wow!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.