What a week.

This week seems like a blur to me now. It has been non stop - and my work week starts tomorrow. It's been so busy, but I feel like I have accomplished so very little. My foot has hurt off and on for most of the week. We have been at the hospital so Elijah could get chemo at least 4 hours each day - and we were there for nearly 10 hours today. I am exhausted and stressed. I think Britt and I both are. We are both snappy. I think I cried three times yesterday. I have just been overwhelmed. I am going to bed early tonight. I know. I am whiney and I need to go to bed.
Elijah starts daily shots tomorrow. He was pretty sore earlier from his surgery, but seems to feel better now.
My house is a wreck. I think Tuesday will be a housecleaning day. I hope so anyway. I just haven't had the time or energy to do much of anything in the house this week.
Good news though.. Insurance has approved Elijah's treatment in Philadelphia! Once his stem cell harvest is complete, we should get a better schedule of what is to come. I had a good talk with my sweet friend Lisa yesterday and she reminded me that all of this will happen in God's perfect timing and I need to just relax and let him drive for a while. I have a hard time with that. I need to pray that God help me to be a little bit less of a control freak. Pray that God helps me to keep my mouth shut every once in a while and let Britt talk. I need a day off.

2 comments:

Susan September 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

First of all - HALLELUJAH for the insurance! Praise God! And I'm happy, also, per Elijah's website, that coworkers might donate vacation days your way. That is AWESOME!

I think if anyone on earth EVER had the right to be emotional and/or snappy, it's the Talley Family. I believe you are handling everything beautifully. Honestly!

Take a deep breath. Lisa's right; let God handle it all. One day at a time!

I wish I could have seen you while in LR. Next time!

CewTwo September 23, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Just think of all those people out there with boring lives. You certainly don't suffer there! You always have something to occupy your time. That is a good thing!

Aren't you glad that you can snap at each other! That is what support is all about. Later, you can look back and think about it together. The ability to interact makes for a stronger family.

It is also a good thing that the insurance is going to take car of the Philadelphia visits!

God bless you and yours!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.