Burritos, por favor?

Okay.. I have to figure out a way to have a burrito or something on this new low carb way of eating. I love mexican food and have been craving it. Probably because I know I can't have it.. Tortillas, rice, etc. I have to admit that even the nasty premade sandwiches in the cafeteria looked appealing this afternoon. I did well - again. Day 5 and still going strong. I am still eating lean meats and veggies for the most part. 5 days without diet coke. I am shocked that I am not biting heads off!!! ha ha. It's going well. I am glad I am doing this.
Work has been particularly exhausting this weekend. We have been so busy the past two days. Nice weather means lots of accidents. When the accidents slow down, flu season will hit and we will be bombarded with that again. I love my job though. One more day and my work week is done.. I love the three day work week.
Tomorrow i am hoping it will be slower so I can research how to make a low carb friendly burrito! ha

4 comments:

Unknown September 7, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Since David is diabetic, we buy low carb wheat burrito tortilla wraps. It's not carb free, but helps a bit with the carbs/sugars!

I'm proud of you! You are making me want to get back on the bandwagon and lose the rest of my weight now!!

Susan September 8, 2008 at 5:16 AM  

You go girl! WOW! Rub off on me...

CewTwo September 8, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

I was on the Adkins Plan a while ago and lost 55 pounds. I didn't like the philosophy though. I did stick with it for 2 years.

Definitely use the low carb wraps! They work and they don't taste bad.

I know that the GNC stores also carried a low carb noodle. Try that with some good meat, an alfredo sauce and some veggies! So Good!

I was even baking with flour substitutes that worked quite well!

There are good low carb foods!

CewTwo September 8, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

I was on the Adkins Plan a while ago and lost 55 pounds. I didn't like the philosophy though. I did stick with it for 2 years.

Definitely use the low carb wraps! They work and they don't taste bad.

I know that the GNC stores also carried a low carb noodle. Try that with some good meat, an alfredo sauce and some veggies! So Good!

I was even baking with flour substitutes that worked quite well!

There are good low carb foods!

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.