I Wish....


A friend of mine posted a bunch of things on her want list a few days ago. It really got me to thinking. I have quite a few wishes too.. Some are reasonable, and some are way out there. One of the things on my friends list was a cute hairstyle.. I splurged the other day and went to a REAL salon and got a GREAT haircut! I am so pleased with it..
I am trying to do housework today and it makes me really wish I had a maid. It's not that I am too busy to clean or don't have time.. cause I do. I just don't want to do it! ha! I get in a cleaning mode every once in a great while, but that never comes on weeks like this one where I have time to clean. I just wish I had someone to come in and do all my floors. That would make me happy.. ha!
Now for my list of wishes...it includes but is not limited to.
1. I wish our family could take a beach vacation with friends.. just to hang out in a condo on the beach and relax.
2. I wish we could pay off our mortgage and our cars and never have those big payments again EVER.
3. I wish I could put new carpet in my whole house
4. I wish Elijah had a nice backyard to play in with a super cool swing set
5. I wish I had gone to nursing school when I was younger
6. I wish I wasn't addicted to diet coke
7. I wish all three of our kids were just mine and Britt's and we didn't have "the other parents" to deal with.
8. I wish Elijah's cancer would be gone forever
9. I wish I was skinny and healthy
10. I wish that if I was skinny and healthy, I had cute shoes and clothes
11. I wish I spoke more than one language.

These are in no particular order of importance, obviously. Elijah's healing would be at the top of the list for sure.. Just some thoughts. I know that none of the other things are ingredients to true happiness.. most are just silly wants and thoughts. A girl can dream, can't she? Maybe I can start marking some of this off my list one by one.. starting with Elijah's cancer being gone - forever.

2 comments:

Susan August 14, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

I'm up for #1!!!

HerstoryGirl August 15, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

Ok, you KNOW what I'm gonna say, right???

You and Britt and the kids have an OPEN, STANDING invitation to come see us anytime!
Hey, our pool is open until late October (no lie) and we are only 3 hours from the Gulf of Mexico (hint*hint*).
But, you know, no pressure.
We would LOVE to see you though.

And for the record, I'd like a maid, too. 24/7, live in maid -- but she needs to be at least 50 and from Eastern Europe and not at all attractive. =P

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.