Flood

Our den flooded last night during the storms. Our carpet was soaked. Thankfully, none of the furniture was affected. We ripped the carpet up - it was nasty. Now I have concrete down there. I almost wish that I could get someone to stain the concrete and leave it like that.. but that might be more expensive than carpet, honestly. Carpet is just nasty though. I was so stressed out. Here the den was nasty wet - Britt was coming home early so we could work on it. John was here ready to help. Britt ran out of gas on the way home. Are you kidding me? When he called and talked to Elijah - Elijah said "Mom, dad needs you to bring him the gas can". I SERIOUSLY thought he was joking. Again, another time for me to get back down on my face and thank God for the blessings and put this all back in his hands. Maybe I am being too controlling so he is trying to remind me that no matter how hard I try to control and dictate, it's all out of my hands so I need to give it up to him anyway.
Hannah is doing lifeguard certification this week. I am so proud of her! I never would have had the guts to do that when i was a kid. She amazes me. Now she will be able to work as a lifeguard this summer. What a cool job! I worked at a place called Burgers Plus when I was her age.. and YES - it was a glamorous as it sounds.. :)

2 comments:

HerstoryGirl May 7, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

Actually, if you find someone who knows what they are doing, it should not be more expensive than carpet... We have scored, stained concrete floors and I love them (now that I no longer have a baby/toddler running around). Easy to keep clean and timeless in appearance. But when Raisha was a baby, I wanted to put her in a little helmet all the time! LOL!

CewTwo May 8, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

Staining cement is a fairly easy task. You could do it yourself!

Just as a side note - I had to get a domain to continue my blog. the new address is www.cewtwo.com.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.