Healing

I had a hysterectomy on Tuesday. They removed my uterus and one ovary. I hurt. My belly feels as though it's been ripped out from the insides. The good news is, it's temporary and I will heal. The better news is, there was no sign of anything cancerous in the mass they removed from my ovary. My family has been so wonderful and has taken great care of me since I came home from the hospital. I am a lucky woman. I am not used to being the patient at all, so it's been kind of hard. I really thought I would be feeling much better by today.. Maybe tomorrow will be the big turning point.
In the midst of all of this - Elijah's scans continue to be clean - No Evidence of Disease.. Hannah made it through 10th grade and is now a Jr. - and I made the Deans List carrying 13 hours last semester! woo hoo!!!
I am glad summer is here. Time to heal and rest and regroup.
Life is Good.

0 comments:

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.