The Girls

I had to take the girls to the doctor today. I had my very first ever mamogram. While I can say that it was not fun - it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either. Sure - they squished them down on the cold machine in ways that shouldn't be repeated. It was not comfortable. I almost laughed when the girl told me to hold my breath. I thought "you have my boob in a vice and you think I am actually breathing right now?" I didn't say it though. It was brief and not so bad. Instead of giving you a gown, they give you a little cape. I actually thought it was kind of cool! I told Britt I felt like "SUPER BOOB WOMAN".. He said I was already super boob woman. I wonder if that was meant to be kinda sexy and cool, or if my husband called me a super boob and got away with it. ha! I guess I will never know because either way, it's kinda funny so I won't question it.
Anyhoo.. All is well with "the girls". I got the "now that you are close to 40, you know you need to come back every year now.." blah blah blah. I know.. I am growing old. I am super boob woman. I will come back when I am ready.

3 comments:

Susan May 10, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

Super Boob Woman!!!! Awesome news!

CewTwo May 13, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

Umm... Err... What can a guy say about a blog like this one?

"I'm glad you were on top of the situation?"

"You could have put a HALTER it?"

"Thanks for keeping us ABREAST of the situation?"

Anyway... It is an important examination. Hope everything comes out OK.

Wait 'til you get to be my age and need to get the caboose internal examination...

L8R Dawn!

Dawn May 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

I am cracking up!!

I think I will refrain from blogging about the Urodynamics test I had to have to test my bladder function.... No need to thank me..

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.