Boxing Day

I am thankful that the stress that goes along with Christmas is over, but am sad that the Holiday is gone now. Britt and I had a really hard time getting in the spirit this year. It was just hard with Elijah being in the hospital until Christmas Eve. We typically do most of our shopping together and weren't able to do that. Christmas Eve dinner was prepared for our family by someone else - which was so nice, but strange. We didn't decorate much this year because we are trying to sell the house and didn't want to drag too much out. It just didn't feel like Christmas. I have to say though, our kids were thoroughly pleased with their gifts. Elijah is rocking out downstairs on Rock Band that Santa brought him. The look on Hannah's face when she opened her gifts was priceless and Britt did an amazing job with gift getting for me. I am spoiled! I didn't do so hot shopping for him this year. They just didn't have anything in the hospital gift shop I thought he would like! ha ha Perhaps I will make it up to him for our anniversary.. hmmmm..
Next year we are going to adopt the "three gift Christmas" policy. In our family we will only get three gifts each. The Baby Jesus only got three gifts.. why should we get more when it's HIS birthday? Just sayin.

1 comments:

Susan December 26, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

I am loving the three gift idea!

I am so glad that you all got to be home for the holiday. Just in time, it sounds like!

Good luck with the house selling.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.