up late


Elijah has gotten back in to the habit of not wanting to be in a room by himself again. If he is in the den, he wants someone with him. If he is upstairs, he wants someone with him. It's 1am and he is still awake. His sleeping habits are horrible and I really don't know how to adjust them. He seems to have so much anxiety. With our other kids, if they were up too late one night, I could just get them up early in the morning and after a full day of being tired, they would go to sleep just fine the next night and things would be back to normal. I just can't bring myself to do that to Elijah. He needs his rest so badly - that I would rather let him sleep in - but then the whole miserable cycle starts back up again. I am praying that we will be done with tpn after tonight -and neupogen shots.. and we can sort of try to have a normal schedule next week. As normal as can be for us, that is.
Britt and I are supposed to go to the Lemon Ball in Philly for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. The dress if formal. (duh.. it's a ball) I must find real spanx and a decent gown. I have no idea where to even look. A friend found a steal at name brand 1/2 of 1/2. Maybe I will go there and see if they have one size fits texas. part of my dilemma is that I hate shoes. most shoes make my feet hurt. I think, actually, it's my fat self that my poor feet are trying to support that make them hurt , but I would prefer to blame the pain on the shoes. :) So.. over the next week, I need to find a dress, get Britt a tux, get my hair colored and nails done. I may even tan a bit so I won't look like the white tundra.. ha
Okay, so serious question. I am a brunette. I have a lot of facial hair and hair on my arms. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced a method of getting rid of said body hair, or at least making it's appearance not so, how do I say, hairy monkey-ish? I must think about this. I would prefer to look lovely for this gala. I am stuck being fat, so I might as well embrace it and do the best with what I got, right? yep.
Diet research is currently underway. I will give a full report with what I have concluded next week.

1 comments:

Susan December 29, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

You need your own show! And a stylist! :)

I am sure you will look lovely, no matter what.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.