Another late night

I really was going to try to go to bed earlier tonight. I put Eli's name on all of his school supplies, got his uniform together, put his lunch stuff in a convenient locale, and headed upstairs to join my spouse - who was already snoozing. I found Elijah on my side of the bed sprawled out like a starfish! I didn't have the heart to move him so I came back downstairs. Put a load of laundry in the dryer, and started to listen to an audio book. This, I thought, was going to do the trick! I started to fall asleep listening to the book! Yay! I will turn the book off and go to sleep here on on the sofa! Well, that was over two hours ago. I just finished reading some of Will Wheaton's blog. Do you remember who he is? He was in Stand By Me and on Star Trek. My sister had a huge crush on him. I loved Stand By Me for many reasons.. 1. It was a great story. and 2.. a friend of mine actually had a small part in it. Well, I say friend. He was a friend when I was in the 7th grade. HA! He used all of the money he made on that movie to get himself addicted to drugs. He is clean now though.. Making Christian films and has three kids last I heard. Good for him, I say.
This week I am taking a break. While Eli is in school I am going to clean my house, do my nails, give myself a pedi, and get things in order. That is the plan anyway. I am hoping to get some walking in there too.
Maybe I will even sleep from time to time..

2 comments:

Susan August 20, 2007 at 4:47 AM  

I hope the first day of school goes swimmingly! I know it will. Elijah will be class president.

I think your plan for this week sounds fabulous! Please post on the outcome.

CewTwo August 22, 2007 at 1:21 PM  

Hi Dawn,

Great article!

I have a little speaker set for my iPod. I often fall asleep listening to old time radio classics like Jack Benny, The Great Gildersleeve and Dragnet.

I think that I fixed the pictures on my review of my latest half-marathon on http://runningmates.blogspot.com/. They are the same ones that are on my blog, http://why-how-what-where-i-run.blogspot.com/

Notice the Finish Line picture (click on it) and you'll see the "Pray For Elijah" band behind the glove. Oh Yeah... Why one glove? My hands sweat and I wear the cloth rahter than carry it.

About this blog

I am a 43 year old Mom of 2 awesome kids. I have one child with a serious illness. Caring for him is mostly what I do - with a few other things mixed in here and there. I have been married to the same wonderful man for nearly 15 years now. I am forever on the quest to change my life for the better. I want to be more organized, much healthier, and much thinner. So far, I'm not getting there. This blog is for my ramblings and frustrations while on my neverending quest for improvement.